TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a user of i-Biz University, you are entitled to many unique privileges. In return, we kindly ask you to accept and comply with the Membership Terms and Code of Ethics and our Terms of Website Use.
The term ‘i-Biz University’, ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the MBB-Consulting Group, who is the owner of this website. The term ‘you’ refers to you as a registered member or as a user of our website.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CODE OF ETHICS
PERMISSIONS: I-BIZ UNIVERSITY USERS ARE ENTITLED TO:
- Talk about their i-Biz University membership on their social media profiles, such as LinkedIn and Facebook
- Mention their membership on their personal CV
- Create a detailed membership profile on the website
- Receive and forward exclusive i-Biz University newsletters
- Be invited to membership events
- Contact other i-Biz University members in the members-only section of the website
ETHICS: I-BIZ UNIVERSITY USERS AGREE TO:
- Always be respectful towards others
- Respect other members’ professions
- Never express a religious or political view
- Be open, truthful and helpful to other members
- Support fresh talent and honour achievements in the exhibition industry
- Treat personal information confidentially
PROHIBITIONS: I-BIZ UNIVERSITY MEMBERS MUST NEVER:
- Use the name of i-Biz University and/or the logo to promote any services discount or any other education-related business on any app or online tool which enables people to claim a discount or price concession at exhibition-related services
- Use the i-Biz University name and/or the logo other than specified in the membership model
- Use someone else’s name or impersonate someone else
- Post or distribute illegal material
- Use abusive or threatening language
- Post offensive remarks regarding people’s gender, race or nationality
TERMS SPECIFIC TO LECTURERS OR REPRESENTATIVES:
If you become a Lecturer or a Representative (a person who manages Lecturers) you acknowledge that:
- Only courses that pass the quality check successfully will be published, and there is no guarantee that a course will be published.
- You are responsible for the courses you upload. You especially take responsibility that all course material is truthful and of high quality. i-Biz University is not responsible for the contents of the courses.
- You may use your own media and other materials such as your logo to introduce your business if applicable, but the course content should solely be about the topic you are teaching. Courses that are not comprehensively about the relevant topic or appear to be promoting services outside of i-Biz University will not be approved.
- i-Biz University will pay out commission periodically which will most often be on a monthly basis. Commission pay-out is contingent on a Lecturer reaching the minimum threshold of $100 of payable commission.
- The commission level will be calculated based on the commission table. Please review the commission table in the appendix.
- Courses can be disabled or deleted at any time at the discretion of i-Biz University.
- i-Biz University does not give any guarantee to publish or promote courses.
- The content of the course is the responsibility of the Lecturer. I-Biz does not own the content and intellectual property, including text, photos and/or videos, that a Lecturer uses in their course. The Lecturer is responsible for ensuring they have the rights to use any media that is appearing in the content of their course. However, the lecturer explicitly grants the right to i-Biz university to publish and promote the course including all used media fully or in parts to promote the course or the website of i-Biz university.
- You will start at the “Beginner Lecturer” level. Advancement to a higher Lecturer level can trigger a higher commission rate, and is subject to meeting the minimum requirements for advancement in the appendix. All changes to a Lecturer’s level have to be confirmed in written form by i-Biz University before they become valid.
- If you as a Lecturer are represented by a Representative you must validate this via a written agreement between Lecturer and Representative.
- You will not work independently for any other e-learning website or for any other similar services during the time of this agreement and also not for 18 months after this agreement is cancelled by either party.
- i-Biz University is not responsible for any content that might be out of date.
- i-Biz University explicitly underlines that content on the website cannot be used for any medical or legal claims.
- You agree to the commission levels, duties and payments as outlined in the appendix. The commission levels or payment regulations are subject to change. i-Biz will inform the Lecturer in written form if any commission level changes.
- A commission payment is always calculated from the date that the course is published live on the website.
- Any changes to the commission level apply only on courses that are published live from the date and time that the change is announced onwards. All existing courses will be paid out of the commission level that was agreed at the time when that specific course was published live.
- i-Biz will create commission reports for Representatives on a monthly basis. Lecturers can view their current status on their Dashboard on the website.
- Commission will only be paid out once a minimum pay-out threshold of $100 is reached.
Definition of relationship between the parties
This T&C defines the detailed cooperation between i-Biz and you and how you can act as a Lecturer for i-Biz. It is agreed that no further rights or duties are shared between the parties other than described in this T&C. Both parties agree specifically that:
- This Agreement shall not render that the you are an employee, partner or joint venturer with i-Biz for any purpose. You are and will remain an independent contractor in your relationship to i-Biz.
- i-Biz shall not be responsible for withholding taxes with respect to your compensation hereunder.
- You will have no rights to claim any other payments and commissions apart from the payments and commissions defined in this agreement. In particular you will have no rights to claim any social support or any other benefits based on this agreement including but not limited to vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, Social Security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits or employee benefits of any kind.
Name, brand and content ownership and copyrights
It is agreed that the name of i-Biz and MBB-Consulting Group, the logo, the brand and all associated material, content, sub names and brands are entirely owned by MBB-Consulting Group.
No failure or delay by either party to exercise any power or right under this agreement shall operate as a waiver of it, nor shall any single or partial exercise of such rights or power preclude any other or further exercise of the right or power. Any of the rights or remedies of the parties under this agreement may at any time be enforced separately or concurrently with any other rights and remedies whether under this agreement or arising by operation of law with the effect that the rights and remedies are cumulative and not exclusive of each other.
If any provision of this agreement is found to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, it shall apply with the minimum modification necessary to make it legal, valid, or enforceable and the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
This agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
Please also review our private policy for further information how we handle data and cookies.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, including the i-Biz University and the i-Biz University logo, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics on the website. Reproduction of these is prohibited other than by Members in accordance with Membership Terms and Conditions above and subject always to the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
You acknowledge that all files or pictures you upload to any section of this website (your profile, the blog etc.) are shown in the public domain and can be used to represent or promote the service of the website online, in emails or print material.
You acknowledge that when you are active on i-Biz University, for example when you sign up for online events such as webinars, sprints or thinks tanks, your attendance in these sessions including your name, email address and other personal information may be visible to others in the public domain.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Breach of these terms and conditions may lead to suspension or cancellation of membership by i-Biz University.
This table details the commission rates for Lecturers and Representatives.
|Lecturer Classification||No of course purchases (sales)|
|Beginner||Up to 50|
|Advanced||51 – 200|